Last Modified: November 11, 2020
1. Parties to this Agreement
These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you, an individual (the “User”, “you”, or “your”) and Property Inventory Enterprise, operated by PIE PROPERTIES FOR INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS (“the Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). The Company is the sole owner and operator of the Website and the App. The Website and the App are hereinafter collectively referred to as the ‘Platform’.
BY ACCESSING THE PLATFORM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PROVISIONS OUTLINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE PLATFORM.
2. Eligibility and Legal Capacity
The Platform is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not access the Platform or submit any personal information to us. By accessing the Platform, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age or older, and you have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement.
3. Financial Risk Disclaimer
ANY TIPS, RECOMMENDATION, SUGGESTION, OR ANALYSIS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY IS PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. THE COMPANY DOES NOT OFFER ANY INFORMATION WITH THE INTENTION TO REPLACE OR SUBSTITUTE ANY PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR SERVICES OFFERED BY A QUALIFIED REAL ESTATE OR FINANCIAL ADVISOR FAMILIAR WITH YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS AND SITUATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY FINANCIAL OR LEGAL QUESTIONS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CONTACT A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL WHO IS ABLE TO OFFER YOU SUITABLE ADVICE.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY PROPERTY DATA AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE PLATFORM.
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS CARRY SIGNIFICANT RISK WHICH MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL USERS, AND YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISION. YOU ARE HEREBY ADVISED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR OWN INDEPENDENT RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY FINANCIAL DECISIONS.
THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY ANY USER AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE PLATFORM. ACCORDINGLY, ANY DECISION YOU TAKE BASED ON ANY INFORMATION / CONTENT YOU RECEIVE THROUGH USE OF THE PLATFORM IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
4. Financial Risk Disclaimer
The PIE Platform enables users to find relevant real estate information from anywhere at any time. You can access the Platform by either downloading the mobile app available on iOS App Store and on Google Play, or by visiting www.pie.properties.
You will be required to sign-up for a user account to access the content made available on the Platform. You can sign up using either your email or your existing social network account (“social sign-up”). You agree to provide us with only correct, complete and current information when requested by the Company during the sign-up process.
The Platform is free for members of the general public who do not require Broker or Supplier account features and functionality. Please note that the Company issues all user accounts in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to refuse registration of any user account at our sole discretion, and we are not under any legal or moral obligation to provide a user account to anyone. You may not create multiple user accounts or impersonate another person on the Platform.
The Platform will use a small amount of your personal internet data to operate. The Company will not be held liable for any data charges paid by you in accessing the Platform.
You accept that you are solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs on your user account. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials.
If you become aware of any suspicious activity on your account or if you have a reason to believe that there has been a security breach, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You hereby release the Company from any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your user account.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the responsibility of the Company is limited to facilitating the availability of the Platform functionality.
5. Account Termination
Termination by User
You may suspend or terminate your user account at any time by accessing your account settings or contacting us.
Termination by Company
The Company reserves the right to discontinue the provision of the Platform or suspend/terminate your access to the Platform at any time without giving any prior notice to you if:
- You have violated the terms of this Agreement;
- You have violated any applicable laws;
- Your conduct is harmful to the Company or any of its users;
- We cease our business operations.
All content available on our Platform is protected by copyright law and other international treaties. All copyright and intellectual property in the content on the Platform are either owned by the Company or the copyright owners. The Company grants you a non-transferable, revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, limited license to use the Platform for the duration of this Agreement.
7. Copyright Disputes
If you believe that your copyrighted content is publicly posted, uploaded or made accessible on the Platform without your authorization/appropriate license, please send a valid notice to us with all of the following information:
- A detailed description of the copyrighted work that is alleged to have been infringed;
- The exact location on the Platform where the allegedly infringing copyright works is made available (such as links to the page where such copyrighted work appears);
- Your contact information including your name, phone number, and email address;
- A statement that:
- The copyright owner or its agent does not authorize such copyrighted content’s use;
- The information contained in the notice is accurate and under penalty of perjury that you are either the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or authorized to act on behalf of such owner to communicate with us regarding the copyright infringement.
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or agent authorized to act on their behalf.
The written notice must be sent to:
Km38 Alexandria – Cairo Desert Road, SODIC West,
The Polygon Building 4. – El Sheikh Zayed City
12588 – Cairo, Egypt
8. User Conduct and Obligations
You agree that you will only use the Platform for lawful purposes, and you will not engage in any activity that infringes the rights or restricts other users’ enjoyment of the Service. You specifically agree that you will not:
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of Platform;
- use any robot, spider, site scraping/retrieval application, or other automated routines to scrape any data/information from any part of the Platform;
- collect any information about other users by any means and for any purpose;
- reformat or frame any portion of the Platform without the express written consent of the Company;
- submit any content or material on any third-party sites, that falsely express or imply that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by the Company;
- transmit any viruses, defects, Trojan horses, or other items of a destructive nature;
- copy or store any content offered on the Platform for other than your own use;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
Reproduce, distribute, display, or make available any data, information, or part of the Platform to any third party without the express written consent of an authorized representative of the Company.
9. Content on third-party websites
We do not review all content posted or made available on third-party websites to which our Platform links, and that link to our Platform. We do not have any control over third-party websites, and we will not be responsible for any content, service, or products offered by such third-party websites. When you click on any third-party website links provided on our Platform, you will be redirected to such third-party’s websites. We do not endorse nor make any representation about the integrity of any information, products, or services offered by a third-party website.
You are advised to undertake your own independent research before entering into any transactions on any third-party websites. You acknowledge that you visit these third-party websites solely at your own risk and the Company disclaims all responsibility for any harm suffered by you from your use of any third-party website.
10. Idea Submission
If you would like to submit any ideas or suggestions on how we can improve our Platform, please contact us. By submitting your ideas or suggestions to us, you are granting us full and exclusive rights, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the content of your ideas and suggestions as we deem fit, without any restriction or compensation to you now or ever in the future.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms, at any time, and without prior notice, by posting the amended Terms on the Platform. Unless expressly specified otherwise, any amendments to this Agreement shall be effective from the date we post the updated version.
It is solely your responsibility to periodically review the Terms to familiarise yourself with any material changes. Your continued use of the Platform after the effective date of any amendments shall constitute your binding acceptance of such amendments. If you do not agree with any amendments, please immediately cease using the Platform.
12. iOS and Android Disclaimer
- If you download and use the PIE mobile application, you understand that the App is intended for use on a mobile device that is owned and controlled by you and that uses the Android or iOS operating system;
- The App is made available to you by the Company through Google Play Store, as operated by Google Inc., and Apple App Store, as operated by Apple Inc;
- Google Inc and Apple Inc are hereinafter referred to as “the App Store Provider”;
- The App Store Provider is not a party to this Agreement;
- The App Store Provider does not own the App and will not be responsible for the App;
- The App Store Provider does not offer any warranty for the App, and the App Store Provider is not responsible for any maintenance of the App or provision of any support services for the App;
- The App Store Provider shall not be responsible for any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, or expenses with respect to the App, and any claim, action, or dispute relating to the App must be brought against the Company only;
- The App Store Provider is a third-party beneficiary of this Agreement with the right to enforce this Agreement against you.
13. Electronic Communication
All communication between you and the Company is through electronic means, including but not limited to, when you visit our Platform when you communicate with us via email, and when we send notices to you either through email or by posting them on our Platform.
For the purposes of this Agreement you:
- Consent to receive communications from the Company in an electronic form; and
- Agree that all the Terms, notices, disclosures, and other communications that the Company provides you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication should be in writing.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at our sole discretion. If we make any material amendments to these Terms, we will publish the updated Terms on the Platform. Unless expressly specified otherwise, any amendments to these Terms shall be effective from the date the amended Terms are posted on the Platform.
The latest version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. Please take the time to review these Terms regularly to familiarise yourself with any material changes. If you do not agree with any amendments to this Agreement, your sole remedy is to cease the use of the service. By continuing to use the Platform after the amended Terms are published, you agree to be bound by such updated Terms.
From time to time we may be required to carry out scheduled or unscheduled Platform maintenance including but not limited to testing, repairs, upgrades, and other similar tasks. Under such circumstances, we may have to deactivate or suspend your access to the Platform temporarily. The Company shall not be liable to indemnify you for any loss, damage, costs, or an expense that you may suffer or incur, as a result of such deactivation or/and suspension.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE COMPANY AND ITS OFFICERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT:
- THE PLATFORM WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR IN ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION;
- THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE;
- ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE RECTIFIED;
- THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
- THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL CODE.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELAY IN TRANSMISSION, NETWORK FAILURE, OR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO, DELETION OR MODIFICATION OF YOUR USER DATA HELD BY THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTIES OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY CONTENT/INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE PLATFORM. THE COMPANY DOES NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE OR MAKE ANY PROMISES REGARDING ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE PLATFORM OR CONTENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE PLATFORM, ANY CONTENT ON THE PLATFORM OR ANY USER INTERACTION/CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE.
YOUR DECISION TO USE THE PLATFORM IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING LOSS OF SAVINGS, COSTS OF ACQUIRING SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT OR OTHER COSTS, ARISING OUT OF OR ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE PLATFORM, ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE PLATFORM, EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
18. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the national laws of Egypt. Any action or claims brought against the Company must be brought in the court of law, with appropriate jurisdiction to rule upon the matter, sitting in the city of Cairo, Egypt.
19. Entire Agreement
In the event any provision of this Agreement or part thereof is held to be unlawful, void, or otherwise unenforceable, then such provision will be limited or eliminated from this Agreement only to the extent necessary, and it shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
21. Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable for the failure to perform any of its obligations if such failure is a result of any Acts of God or other force majeure events such as war, invasion, an act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), epidemic, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or any interruption or any failure of electricity or server, system, computer, internet or telephone service.